Thursday, December 18, 2008

O, Christmas Tree!

While my sister, Jessica, was visiting us she helped me put up our Christmas Tree! We didn't have one of our own, and I have ALWAYS wanted my very own fake tree (I love the smell of real ones, but I'm not the best care taker...they always die!) so we went over to Wal Mart (it's the only place in town...literally) and scouted out fake trees. I wanted a big one because I love it when they are big. But, I didn't want it too big. The only ones that were left (that weren't pre-lit...I think that putting on the lights is the most fun of having a tree!) were 7 feet tall. I didn't think that it would be too big, so I got it. Well, come to find out, it's a little tall...there's no room for a star on the top...and it takes up 1/4 of our living room, but, we have a tree! I barely had enough ornaments to fit on the tree, that's why it looks a little sparse. And, our tree skirt is a little too small (as you can tell in the second picture), so we took it off and put presents under it instead. Next year we will have to invest in a bigger tree skirt! But, it sure it pretty when the lights are lit. I just love Christmas!

Clint and I acting oh so serious....like always!

Me, the tree (incase you couldn't see it...), Jessica and the santa that my mom-in-law made (crazy talented!)


The past few days it has been snowing like crazy here! This picture was just the beginning of a storm on last Saturday. The next day all the cars were covered. You could hardly tell which one was yours! And in our city, they don't plow the streets very well, so there is still snow on the ground from this snow storm; although you can't tell because it has snowed twice since then! We are just being blessed with snow (if that's what you want to call it). Our car is doing pretty good so far in the snow considering that it's a car. I am so jealous right now of people living in the southern States! Maybe I can convince Clint to move to Arizona for the winter...


No comments: