Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Easy Banana Cream Pie

I love, love, LOVE Banana Cream Pie!  On Sunday I really wanted one, so I figured I could just make one without a recipe and with whatever I had on hand.  It actually turned out really good!  Here is what I did:
1 package Banana pudding
1/2 of 8oz cool whip
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 3/4 c Milk
2 bananas (more if you want!)

Cut bananas into pieces and place on bottom of pie crust.  I bought my pie crust at the store because it was more convenient, but you can easily make your own with graham crackers and butter or with vanilla wafers.  Wisk banana pudding and milk together for about 1 min, just to get it all mixed.  Mix in cool whip.  Pour mixture onto pie crust and chill for at least an hour. 

Clint LOVED this pie, and actually asked me to make another one for later that night!  I would have taken a picture, but I was enjoying it way too much and by the time I thought about taking a picture, it was all gone.  Oh, well...  Let me know if you have a better recipe; I am always up for a good piece of Banana Cream Pie!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Don't you just love it when it turns out so good?

I always made mine this way until I discovered the Lion House recipe for cream pies. Now I use that one. You make the pudding from scratch and it only takes about 10 minutes and gives the pie a really creamy texture.

I think you can google it. If not, email me and I'll send it to you. You'll love it.

Shelly said...

Sounds yummy and light for a hot summer day. I like it when things are quick and easy and taste delicious.