Monday, July 26, 2010

Gross!

We have bugs in our garden.  Our zucchini and squash plants have those zucchini bugs (I think that's what they are called) so I have been spraying the plant with a mixture of water and dish soap because we heard that it would kill the bugs when they ate the plant.  Plus it is easy and cheap.  I don't think it's been working.  They seem to multiply by 20 each time I go out there!  I try and kill the ones that I can see when I'm out there, but there are eggs all over the leaves.  It's really disgusting!
And then, while we were watering the other day, we found this big caterpillar/warm thing inching around our tomatoe plants.  Clint wanted me to kill it.  I think he was a little scared to kill it, but so was I!  That thing was HUGE! 
So, we finally gave in and bought some bug-killer stuff (don't remember what it's called) to get rid of them.  We put it on Friday, so we will see if it works.  Sure hope so!  At least they aren't in our house!  I don't think I could handle that.  Oh the things you learn when you plant a garden :)  Bytheway, we now know to plant marigolds near our tomato plants.  If you know of any other trick, let me know.

The tomato worm. 
I don't know why they are called worms when they are so big!  This one was as fat at my thumb.

1 comment:

Katie said...

GROSS! I don't like bugs at all. So much I pay and exterminator to keep them away! Although the deer did a number on my tomato plants and my flowers. Darn things!