Friday, June 12, 2009

San Diego!

For our graduation present to ourselves (and in much need of a vacation!) we decided to go to San Diego for a weekend. It was SO MUCH FUN! Our friends, Dave and Jenna, came with us which made it even more fun! I was a little worried that we would get sick of eachother by the end of the weekend, but we didn't...at least, I didn't. My grandparents live in Wrightwood (a small town in the San Bernadino mountains) so we drove there Thursday night and stayed the night. Firday morning we got up and headed to San Diego. We decided that since we were in the area that we would go to the the San Diego Temple. It was BEAUTIFUL! If you ever get the chance to go, do it! It's a lot smaller than I expected. The pictures make it look so much bigger, but it was still very pretty. It was windy, but the weather was perfect. While we were there, we saw four brides and grooms....so cute!


The San Diego Temple and pretty flowers


Clint and Tiffany

Dave and Jenna

After the temple, we headed to the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier. We got there at 3pm and figured that was plenty of time to go through the entire thing by 5 (when it closes). We were so wrong! If you ever go, make sure to have at least 3 hours inorder to see everything! It's a self guided tour of the ship made into a museum. It was way cool and HUGE! I had no idea how big it was. In all our pictures we look kind of dumb because they give you head phones and a thing that when you put in a number it tells you about the item or area (the numbers are on signs everywhere). It was nice because we didn't have to listen to everything if we didn't want to. The only problem was when we wanted to talk to eachother it was kind of hard to hear!


Tiffany and Clint decked out in our self-guided tour attire.

On the top of the carrier, they had a lot of planes and helicopters to look at. Some you could even get inside which was so amazing. Clint LOVED this! He kept talking about the movies that he and his Dad would watch with this kind of stuff in it.


Clint and Dave.
I'm not sure what this plane can do, but I think it was pretty cool because they both wanted their picture taken next to it.

This is a wax person pretending to be the captain. I thought it was kind of funny! When you walked by him, he started talking about various stuff. I don't remember what he was saying because by this time it was closing time so they were asking everyone to get off the ship.

A lot of the planes looked like this. If you look closely you can see that the wing is bent up in half. I think by doing it this way it saves on a lot of space so that they can fit more planes on the deck. But, if I'm wrong and you know the reason why, let me know!
Anyway, it was a good experience. I had no idea how BIG these aircraft carriers really are! As I walked up all those stairs I thought that the people on these ships have to be in real good shape. If not, they would be soon!

After looking at the aircraft carrier, we went to the beach! It was very windy, and not that warm, but you can't go to San Diego and not go to the beach. So, we did. We made sandcastles and mine and Clint's was the best, until the ocean came and ruined it : ( But, we still had a lot of fun! After the beach, we went to our hotel and got cleaned up and then went into Old Town and ate at an amazing Mexican resturant called Cafe Coyote. I'm not sure if it was so good because we were all extremely hungry, or if the food really was good! But, I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys mexican food. Clint says that I was born in the wrong country because I love tacos, rice, bean, enchilladas or anything mexican (except the really spicy stuff-I don't like it).

Their sandcastle....

And our sandcastle! (so much cooler....it even has a place for 'people' to walk up to it)

1 comment:

Dumitru Caruntu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.