Friday, June 12, 2009

What's New

So, I've been such a slacker at this whole blogging thing. I think it's just the whole writing stuff down! My journal isn't that fantastic, either. A lot of it has to do with the fact that our lives are boring and busy.

Anyway, enough of the excuses, let me tell you what's going on in our lives right now! We just went to San Diego this last weekend (see following posts) and had so much fun! It was nice to just get out and DO something! Plus, now I have something to scrapbook for my mom-in-law for Christmas! (each year for Christmas, her kids scrapbook some pages of that previous year for her, and since we don't have any kids, our pages are pretty plain. This last year, I did a page of Clint and I doing funny faces...that's right, a whole page of us making goofy faces...I don't think I can do that twice in a row unless I do it every year and then it would become our tradition! Hmmm...something to think about).

Well, Clint got a perminant job at State Bank, so we will be living here for quite awhile! At least 3-5 years, if not longer. We love it here and have felt like we need to stay here to raise our children, so we were looking for an excuse to stay. We are so blessed to have a good job, especially the way the economy is! Now, our next adventure will be finding a house. We can live in our apartment until Clint graduates with his MBA (which isn't til next May) so we have some time. But, it would be nice to have our own place with our own washer and dryer! It's just time to move out of an apartment and into something bigger. Not that we need something bigger right now (I'm NOT pregnant) but someday we will and it would be nice to be prepared for it!
I'm still working and am waiting to student teach this fall. I want to just get it done with! I'm nervous, scared and excited all at once. Tomorrow I am taking the Praxis PLT test (which I should be studying for right now...) I'm not exactly sure why I have to take it, I just know I have to take it, so I am.

Well, that's about it on our end for now! My brother is getting married later this month so I'm sure I'll have pictures to post about that! I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!

2 comments:

Gomez Family said...

Hello! Sounds like you guy's are doing great, and that is always a fabulous thing! Love the pics of your sunny get away, looks like it was a lot of fun! Since your brother is getting married does that mean you'll be coming up this way...? :)

Bradleys said...

It's a nice feeling to be settling down a little. Have a job, get a house, etc.! Congrats!